Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Learning more about girl scouting (daisys)

Today Estella was our helper.(and i was shocked when i saw Maria was sick, and then again to hear it was Estellsa birthday) I was excited because she is a leader of an older troop. I had some questions about some particials like the friendship circle and also needed some help with the what to do with the troop at the end of the meetings when they run wild. (songs, chants - etc) The girls worked on another flower - "Friendly & Helpful" and we sang happy birthday to Estella... with the "fighting chickens" at the end (i still dont understand that) At the end we worked on learning the friendship circle and the girls did great. Also - my mom, Penny, has been around to help at meeting too. It is good to have an extra pair of hands - the girls keep us all busy. My mom was my girl scout leader when I was growing up, starting as a Brownie troop.





No comments:

Post a Comment